Re: [Fwd: Gnome Style Guide, some comments]

->
->
-> 1. Too many dots

I concur.
->
-> I'd like to suggest that you're calling for ... in way too many places,
-> to the point where it won't have much meaning. Just about every command
-> causes another window to come up. I don't really need a cue for that.
->
-> The Macintosh, NextStep, and the (soon to be released and surprisingly
-> decent) Java Guidelines (check out http://java.sun.com/products/jlf/)
-> call for '...' to mean, basically, an operation that needs more input
-> from the user before anything can actually happen. So, it's not just
-> that another window will come up, but rather that it's a window that the
-> user must deal with before the desired action can take place.

Even the Amiga Style guide recommended '...' to indicate another 'interactive'
dialog will open. IE something you have to acknowledge before the program
will continue or that function will be complete. I'm quoting from my foggy
memory as my style guide vanished in one of my moves when I was a restless
soul:)