Re: Gnome panel: how can I shrink the height?

In message <372E1437.6F22EA42@mail.colgate.edu>, Armando Singer writes:

[snip]

> Also, what setting can I change that would allow me to maximize a window
> without extending beneath my gnome pager?  I would like to be able to
> expand a window to cover the full screen, but not extend past my pager.
> thanks in advance.

I think what you want is:

Click on footprint menu->Panel->Global properties. Click on Miscellaneous
and select Keep panel below windows (GNOME compliant window managers only).
The panel will stay *below* all windows.

Bob

| Bob Taylor             Email: brtaylor@inreach.com             |
| Gnome certainly is (serious competition to the Mac or Windows) |
| ... I get a charge out of seeing the X Window System work the  |
| way we intended..." - Jim Gettys                               |