Re: Transparent Terminals

> You have to use either gnome-terminal or Eterm ( I prefer Eterm when it comes to
> transparency...)
>  You can make it transparent with eihter the preferences or with menuoptions...

 I was thinking about transparent terminals a few weeks ago, and this
post jogged my memory. Would it be possible to steal some code from Xmag
and have genuinely transparent terminals, ie you can see any windows
they overlap as well as the root window?

 I don't know what would happen in terms of Expose events - the
overlapped windows might not get updated. The transparent window might
have to be unmapped and remapped frequently to cause the windows
underneath to redraw, even when the terminal was idle, and it might
flicker.

 Anyone know if this is impossible, or should I try to write it?

 - Michael Rogers

Exam on Wednesday, no new projects!