Re: Gnome panel: how can I shrink the height?

Armando Singer wrote:

> I can't figure out how to make the gnome panel only one row high like
> the default task bar on win32 systems (I just want more screen space).
> I removed all of the big applets, and the main menu.  And I changed the
> Gnome pager so that it uses a small pager, lists tasks only in one row,
> and has no task list button.  I even removed the panel's hide buttons.
> (I moved the larger applets to a separate corner panel.) The Gnome panel
> won't shrink to fit the size of my one-row tall gnome pager applet.

That is because if I am not wrong due to the fact that the panel has a minumum
height of 48
no matter what.....(check out the archives, I can remember that that has been
brought up
several times in the past....
For getting  more screen space I use autohide panels.....

> Also, what setting can I change that would allow me to maximize a window
> without extending beneath my gnome pager?  I would like to be able to
> expand a window to cover the full screen, but not extend past my pager.
> thanks in advance.

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whenever I maximise, the damn window maximises under the little bit of the panel
that is left after autohiding,
and I can't access the resize corner of the window anymore

really annoying...

anyone knows how to maximise windows to height = screenheight- x pixels and
width = screenwidth - y pixels??????

remo