Gtk Window Manager solution

To continue the thread on window managers and building them with gtk...

If the world was perfect...

I think that E's themes should be done like gtk's. You'd have multiple
engines and which one to use would be eveyone's choice. That way we
could have a gtk engine that would take care of menus and stuff and if
we wanted we could use the pixmap engine to render the rest.

Like the world isn't perfect...

Just check for gtk in the config script. If it exists compile gtk into
E and then just add one of those settings menus to enable/disable the
use of gtk in menus.

Now I'm gonna run away before raster & mandrake spam me for giving them
stupid/hard to code ideas.

On another totaly diferent subject:

Could raster or mandrake add the ability to create new menus within themes.
Cause I wanted to generate some new menus for my theme and at present I can't.