Re: Slow GEdit

On Sun, 2 May 1999, Alex Roberts wrote:

> hmm.. it's happening in gnotepad+ too, eh.. then a rough guess, is that it's
> a Gtk+ bug, maybe the GtkText widget is leaking memory..
>
> [hmm.. side note..] i'm on a k6/266 64meg.. and typing seems fine at the
> moment (i'm writing this email in gEdit), what spec systems are you two
> using? if it's related to slower systems, then i think there could be a
> major problem within Gtk+/Gdk... but, it's only a idea (hey, i've just got
> out of bed and had a big cup of codffee.. so everythin is a tad misty ;)

Well, I just rebooted from NT (clean mem), and got the same problem again.

Running Latest Gnome/GTK. Gradient GTK, BrushedMetal E. AMD K6-2-300Mhz
64Mb RAM, 128Mb Swapfile, GIMP 1.1.4, res: 1152x768x32bpp.

Problem appears to be display updation. I have no idea how to track mem
leaks.

--
James Green
http://www.cyberstorm.demon.co.uk/