Re: Slow GEdit

Quoting Akintayo Holder (blakdogg@bigfoot.com):
> > I just tried opening another document and the
> > screen took forever to update - the tabs didn't get drawn properly either,
> Yeah we got that.
> > I had to click the original file's tab, then the new one to get rid of
> > some blackness.
> Yeah, we got that
> >
> > Anyone else with similar experiences?
> >
> > SVGA Server,
> Uh huh (1024x768)
> > Gnome (latest),
> Close enough
> > Enlightenment latest
> Close enough
> > GTK Gradient theme, E
> > Brushed-metal theme.
> Nope
> >
> Similar things seem to happen with gnotepad+, actually only the update
> and typing problem. I thought it may be related to cpu load, in my case
hmm.. it's happening in gnotepad+ too, eh.. then a rough guess, is that it's
a Gtk+ bug, maybe the GtkText widget is leaking memory..

[hmm.. side note..] i'm on a k6/266 64meg.. and typing seems fine at the
moment (i'm writing this email in gEdit), what spec systems are you two
using? if it's related to slower systems, then i think there could be a
major problem within Gtk+/Gdk... but, it's only a idea (hey, i've just got
out of bed and had a big cup of codffee.. so everythin is a tad misty ;)