Re: gnome-lib-1.0.5 compile problems

> >  What would be nice is if configure would tell you if you have all the
> >  packages when you compile from source. (ala rpm)
>
> I do not understand this.  What do you mean?

I mean when you get a tarball, and you type in configure, if you don't
have a component it should tell you that you're missing a certain version
of a library/component whatever.  Basically, I'm asking that configure be
a more robust about how it checks things.

Case in point.  If you compiled gnome-libs-1.0.4 today, and you had ORBit
4.0 or something, configure should tell you that you need ORBit 4.2.  By
doing so you'll reduce traffic here when gnome-libs fails to compile
because dependencies weren't fulfilled.

	sri

Sri Ramkrishna         /|\ Unix is very user friendly, its just very picky
email: sri@aracnet.com -|- on who it is friendly to. -- Unknown?
phone: 503-356-1078    \|/