RE: Crashy crashy

> what type sound card, what driver, does it happen if you are playing with
> your sound card out of X, did you actually use your sound card with fvwm2?

It's a Sound Blaster compatible.  I have a Compaq Presario 4160.
I've never had it happen while out of X, though to be honest, I
don't use my sound card out of X all that much.  I did use my
sound card occasionally under fvwm2, but again, not all that
often.  So, yes, it could be a problem with my setup...might not
be related to GNOME.  My sound card was not detected during
install, so I had to "guess" configurations until I got something
that worked...

If for every rule there is an exception, then we have established that
there is an exception to every rule.  If we accept "For every rule there is
an exception" as a rule, then we must concede that there may not be an
exception after all, since the rule states that there is always the
possibility of exception, and if we follow it to its logical end we must
agree that there can be an exception to the rule that for every rule there
is an exception.
                -- Bill Boquist