RE: SuSE 6 rpm files?

On 28-Mar-99 Michael Perry wrote:

> I was using the www.linuxbe.org link from www.gnome.org and see a
> notice that I presume means that the site is down for some testing and
> I see a date there like 28/3/99.  The announcement is in french I
> believe so I cannot make out all the details.  Could someone please
> translate what the announcement means for me?  A few people have asked
> me about the SuSE 6 rpm files so I would like to be able to provide
> that site as a reference point.
>
> Thanks to Jan for making such great rpm files for GNOME.  I appreciate
> the effort and delivering the latest libraries and applications for
> SuSE 6.

Something seems to be going on indeed but you can still reach:

http://www.tu-harburg.de/skf/Pub/ifmpc118.ifm.uni-hamburg.de/gnome.html
http://ifmpc118.ifm.uni-hamburg.de/gnome.html

Though I have not checked to see how up to date they are.

Alexander Volovics
Dept of Methodology & Statistics
Maastricht University, Maastricht, NL