Re: GMC Feature Request

On Sun, Mar 28, 1999 at 05:53:45PM +0200, Matthias Warkus was heard to say:

> This is not a Gnome issue. The X server is responsible for emulating a
> middle mouse button with a two-button mouse. Ah, yes, BTW, whether
> people switch over from Windows easily or not should never be an
> important issue with anything free. We need to go our own way.
>
> mawa

  That doesn't mean, though, that you have to gratuitously require middle-clicks
in a program.  And since Gnome is supposed to be a user-friendly interface,
it's probably a good idea to at least consider newbies when designing programs,
although if it makes you feel better they don't have to be *Windows*
newbies. ;-)

  That said, I'm not sure if having menus pop up all the time is any less
annoying/dangerous than the current behavior.  (I don't know how many times I've
had someone tell me that their computer did something unexpected but when I ask
them what they did to cause it, all the answer I get is, "well, I clicked on
something in some menu that appeared and all of a sudden, [x] happened")

  Daniel

--
  Moths and flame.
  The glory blinds them.