Re: GMC Feature Request

+++ Sat, Mar 27, 1999 at 01:58:43AM -0500 +++
Kevin Atkinson e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> I have a small feature request for GMC which I hope will get taken
> seriously.
>
> I wish to have an option swap the 1st and 2nd mouse button and have it
> on my default.  The reason being that
>
> 1) Middle button dragging is annoying with a two button mouse which many
> people switching over from windows will have.

This is not a Gnome issue. The X server is responsible for emulating a
middle mouse button with a two-button mouse. Ah, yes, BTW, whether
people switch over from Windows easily or not should never be an
important issue with anything free. We need to go our own way.

mawa
--
Those invincibly ignorant bastards that have been running things ...
for so long, throw them all out!