Re: Getting Gnome to start with xdm and/or startx

Ned,
Very simple.  In my .xinitrc (located in my root directory), I have:

gnome-session

this will work with startx, but for xdm to work, you need to copy
.xinitrc to your .Xclients or .xsession files.  I have copied .xinitrc
to both.

Good luck,
Tim

Ned Rhudy wrote:

> I've tried editing my .xinitrc and my .Xsession files both and adding
> 'gnome-session' as the last line, but none of that works.  Could anybody
> send me their _complete_ .xinitrc or .Xsession file so I can see what I'm
> doing wrong?  Thank you.
>
> Ned Rhudy
> nrhudy@pabus.com
>
> --
begin:vcard
n:Lewis;Timothy
tel;work:760-761-4673
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.timelinevista.com
org:Timeline Vista, Inc.;Operations
adr:;;1755 La Costa Meadows Dr., Suite "B";San Marcos;CA;92069;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:tlewis@digaudio.com
title:Manufacturing Quality Engineer
fn:Timothy Lewis