Re: GDM User Pix

Ben Rockwood wrote:
>         Nothing worked..... but here's the interesting part.
> If I log in to X and start gdmgreeter I see all the pics like I should,
> but if I start gdm from rc.local, then everything is busted, and
> I don't get an image.  This is VERY odd.  I can change the logo image
> with no problems, I can change the default image for no face, with
> no problems, but I can't get the GDMGreeter to give me faces unless
> I log into X and start it... which is of no use.

Sorry if someone's already answered this, or if it doesn't apply to you.

I had the same problem, my photo image was world readable and nice, but
the permissions on my *directories* weren't. Once I had made both my
home directory world writeable AND executable, and the .gnome directory
the same, the photo came up beautifully.

Hope that helps someone ;)

Tom