Re: assortment of hopefully unlame questions

On Fri, 26 Mar 1999, Brian M Dial wrote:
> Greets and Salutes,
>
> Few quick questions.
>
> 1.  What causes libpixmap not to be a shared library, hence being unable
> to use pixmap based themes.  I think I've seen this before.  Tryiing to
> use the pixmap theme causes erros being unable to load libpixmap.so,
> which is true because there's only a .la file.  I think I've seen this

Well, it puts a big message about it when building gtk-engines, and the
problem is that you only have libintl.a and no .so library, and libtool
cannot make .so library linking in .a library. And yes, this only happens
for pixmap theme, the others don't need libintl.
There are posibly two ways to hanle this.
1. Make libintl a .so library. This is what I did. Well it needs some work
with the Makefile of gettext.
2. Get a new libtool which probably is capable of making .so library
including an .a library. Mine, that DON'T do it is libtool-1.2.

Regards,
--
Pavel Pavlov                   student of Computer Science in
<Simon.Says@iname.com>          Technical University of Sofia