Re: why devel gtk+?

> They aren't, the 1.2.1 series is stable and binary compatible, as is the
> Gnome 1.0 series. Things work fine with 1.2.0, you just can't change your
> accelerator keys because of some glitch in 1.2.0. If you don't want to
> change your accelerator keys, then there's no reason to upgrade.

It's more so that I can get rid of teh annoying messages I see.  Nothing
more.:)

> There are no plans to start on an incompatible gnome-libs in the near
> future. We are writing applications and stabilizing the desktop stuff
> instead.

Thats all I wanted to know.  I was concerned that we were going to keep on
following the developement gtk releases when we are trying to stabilize
gnome-libs/gnome-core.  I would hate for GNOME to be unstable because we
were using the development branch of the GTK toolkit.

	sri

Sri Ramkrishna         /|\ Unix is very user friendly, its just very picky
email: sri@aracnet.com -|- on who it is friendly to. -- Unknown?
phone: 503-356-1078    \|/