RE: Compiled new Gnome (from CVS), now very little works... (fwd)

I had a similar experience after a recent CVS update, and was able to
correct the problem by checking out ORBit from CVS with the FOR_PANEL tag,
and reinstalling it.  The version number of the ORBit library stays the
same, so I didn't have to recompile anything else.  To do this use this
command to check out ORBit:

cvs -z3 co -r FOR_PANEL ORBit

Ned

http://www.gnome.org/gnomefaq