Re: Problem with Gnome

I have this problem too, but it only happens once in a while.  It happend more
frequently before I installed the new gnome-core 1.0.3 rpm's.  Which version are
you using?  If you are not using the newest version, which I think only came out a
couple of days ago, try upgrading and see if helps any.

Steve

Tom Deprez wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to Linux and since yesterday new to Gnome, so forgive me for my
> stupid questions.
>
> I followed the installation instructions at the gnome web-page. And
> installing everything went very well, but....
>
> When I logout (through the panel), mostly of the time, Gnome doesn't
> logout's it just freezes. Clicking on the background still gives me menus,
> but the gnome panel is freezed. Mostly of the time I've reset the PC
> because everything is locked. I also see that I get several core-dumps!
> Mostly in the directory of .desktop-gnome and sometimes in the home directory.
>
> Has somebody already seen this? Has somebody a solution to this problem?
>
> This PC is also a 133Mhz. With only 64MbRam. So it's kinda slow. Is there a
> way to show a clock or something to let the user know the program is still
> working?
> I can see a clock when you change the themes of enlightenment. But not when
> starting Gnome. And it takes some while...
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Regards, Tom.
>
> --
begin:vcard