Re: There is no "right" way to start gnome...

Hi,

 Hall> ...is there ? From the numerous messages I've seen just in the
 Hall> past few days, I don't think I've seen an agreed upon way to do
 Hall> it.

The way the Gnods intended it is to boot gnome by starting
gnome-session from whatever X startup script you use. Without starting
a window manager first. gnome-session will do the rest for you. In
theory.

But many people have problems with this, partly due to bugs, partly
due to non-yet-implemented features, partly due to them making
mistakes. So they use other ways to get the gnome rolling, equally
valid, but less official.

#ifdef DISCLAIMER
IMHO, IANAD, YMMV,
#endif

        Robbe

--
Robert Bihlmeyer	reads: Deutsch, English, MIME, Latin-1, NO SPAM!
<robbe@orcus.priv.at>	<http://stud2.tuwien.ac.at/~e9426626/sig.html>