Re: no gnome

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, James Green wrote:
> In message <Pine.LNX.4.05.9903241707010.14070-100000@zoll.albany.eypae.c
> om>, Gleef <dzol@virtual-yellow.com> writes
[snip]
> > Right, if you set WINDOW_MANAGER to what you want, gnome-session will
> > run that window manager.  This won't work in gnome-core 1.0.3, however
> > (hence my "since the last release" comment).
>
> So if that WINDOW_MANAGER=Enlightenment ?

Well, the line should technically be:
   export WINDOW_MANAGER=enlightenment

Enligtenment's executable is spelled with a lowercase 'e'.  The export
prefix makes sure that child programs retain the environment variable.

> In ~/.bash_profile ?

That works (assuming you're running bash :-).

> Where's the global default bash profile ?

/etc/profile
That works as a location too.

Best of Luck,
-Gleef