Re: There is no "right" way to start gnome...

Well, so far, that seems to be the popular way to try it. I've tried it this
way, but my problem is that it doesn't "save" my session when I exit (via
the Gnome panel) and restart Gnome.

Last night, I had the best results so far. When I was ready to exit Gnome, I
had an Eterm window (at 0,0) and GMC still open (position kinda cascaded
down and to the right of the Eterm window). When I restarted Gnome, both
windows were somewhat perfectly centered on my screen. ??

By the way, I have "Eterm" in my startup menu section of the Gnome
control-center. It never has started up though. It's been there for a couple
of weeks, so last night's test doesn't count. ;-)

One more time about this part... delete the file ~/.gnome/session when it
acts up, right? Also, what am I to do about the gnome-session file and
default.wm file ? "default.wm" has only two lines - [WM] and
/path/to/enlightenment. That's correct, isn't it ?

Thanks again!
Hall