Re: Updated gnome-* RPMs

On 19 Mar 1999, Gisli Ottarsson wrote:
> Unless of course rpm ceases to work.  I would not be too casual
> dealing with glibc.  Lots and lots of things depend on it.  I have a
> 5.2 machine that I can afford to loose.  I may upgrade it and no major
> issues arise I will report it here.
>
> If someone has already done this, enquiring minds want to hear about
> it.

I have put glibc-2.1-0.990311 on a RH5.2 system, and did notice some changes.
There seemed to be some sluggishness when logging in, and some other misc.
things.  If you are not depending on statically compiled apps (like staroffice,
rvplayer, etc.) then you probably will not notice much.

Mark Hankins