Re: Proper Startup

Hi,

> > Gleef wrote:
> > >
> > > You're better off replacing those two lines with
> > >
> > > exec /opt/gnome/bin/gnome-session

This works without starting a window manager, e.g.,?

wmaker &
exec /opt/gnome/bin/gnome-session

> > > If you're still having problems, try resetting your session management
> > > settings.
> > >   1) Delete ~/.gnome/session
> > >   2) Make sure you have /opt/gnome/share/gnome/default.session
> > >   3) Edit /opt/gnome/share/gnome/default.wm to replace icewm with
> > >      /usr/local/enlightenment/bin/enlightenment

I never get a default.wm file. What is its content so that I could try putting
one in manually?

I have tried every combination of panel, gnome-session, creating a new
~/gnome/session file, and start/not starting wmaker; the only thing that works
is

panel &
exec wmaker

Thanks,