Re: Proper Startup

On Sun, 21 Mar 1999, James Charles Lewis wrote:

> What is the proper method for starting gnome with 1.0.x?  With all the
> previous versions, I would do a:
>
> /opt/gnome/bin/gnome-session&
> /usr/local/enlightnement/bin/enlightenment

You're better off replacing those two lines with

exec /opt/gnome/bin/gnome-session

> But now that I've installed 1.0.x, I get no panel without running panel,
> and no sound what-so-ever...

If you're still having problems, try resetting your session management
settings.
  1) Delete ~/.gnome/session
  2) Make sure you have /opt/gnome/share/gnome/default.session
  3) Edit /opt/gnome/share/gnome/default.wm to replace icewm with
     /usr/local/enlightenment/bin/enlightenment

For other readers, replace "/opt/gnome" above with whatever you used as a
prefix.  If you aren't sure, try "/usr" if you installed from RPMs, and
"/usr/local" if you installed from tarballs or CVS.

Best of Luck,
-Gleef