Re: gnome compliant window managers

In article <199903220515.AAA21064@avatar.labs.redhat.com>,
        msf@redhat.com (Michael Fulbright) writes:

> We have chosen to use Enlightenment as our default window manager because
> in our experience it is the most GNOME compliant wm, and it has a very
> nice GUI tool to configure its behavior. It is installed by default in
> the Starbuck release.
>
> But we are not wm bigots, and Owen Taylor has written a wm capplet for

No argument with this, but might I suggest instead going through the
available GNOME-compliant window managers, and pick the lightest one
as your default. Maybe you sacrifice some capability, but it's still
possible to change to Enlightenment.

Meanwhile, some of us take several hours to get this whole mess down
over the modem, and Enlightenment is pretty big. In addition, my box
is rather old, and doesn't really have the horsepower to run it.
Making me download and install E just to change over to icewm (or
windowmaker) is rather a pain.

Dale Pontius