Re: docbook installation

On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, Ronald de Man wrote:

>I just found out that SGMLtools 2.0 supports DocBook, and I seem to have
>SGMLtools 1.08. Hopefully this explains some of the problems I encountered
>(haven't installed 2.0 yet).

I tried to get SGMLtools to work about a month ago and I could get it to
compile, but I couldn't successfully convert any linuxdoc docs to docbook or
any docbook files to html.

Interestingly enough, SGMLtools 2.0 is bundled with Jade and the stylesheets
package, so if you install SGMLtools correctly you will also have a working
Jade and stylesheets install.

I hope you have more success than I did with the package. For now I've found
that db2html from Jade is the only way to go, but I used the rpms.

-- -David Rugge

http://www.mindspring.com/~davidrugge/index.html