GMC/panel

Maybe I don't understand the reasoning behind it, but I noticed that it
was possible to drag a directory on the panel.  This would then create a
menu of the directories contents.

My inital thought was that this was to have access to the files in that
directory, then I realized the only thing that was listed in the new
button was the directories in the "button'ed" window.

So then I thought clicking on one of the directory names would launch gmc
with that directory, but that failed as well....

So what is the purpose of dragging a directory onto the panel?  (or is
this a problem and/or something that isn't done?)

I'm using gnome 1.0.x (libs and core are .3) and gmc 4.5.27

                _

jclewis@purude.edu

Please place all complaints in this box  ----------> [ ]