Re: install problems

Don't feel bad because you got this error.  In my book, if you're on
this list, and you actually know what GTK and IMLIB are, then you're
lot a newbe anymore, just not a guru.
So anyway, you kinda have 2 choices, and get use to this problem
because it happens alot.... but what do you expect when you
upgrade half you're system every day, and then the other half every
week....

1) Say to hell with it, and just force it.  To do this install
the RPMs, if you have them, by hand with "rpm -ivh --force *.i386.rpm".
If THAT still whines, do this "rpm -ivh --force --nodeps *.i386.rpm".
Notice... This does not mean that you're app will neccisarily work,
but you'll at least get it installed.  If you still get errors
when running the app, you'll have to go to option 2.
(I guess this option isn't a good suggestion, but sometimes it works.)

2) Give it what it wants.  Hit a site (ftp.gimp.org for GTK libs, and
they might have imlib too... good site for libs, look there
first) and grab the LIB's you need.  When it comes to lib's I personally
say "compile yourself".  Once you've got the source, unpack, ./configure,
make, make install (do this as root), and then verify that the libs
are in by using "/sbin/ldconfig -v | grep <lib>".

Hope that helps.... maybe its the obvious, but I thought I'd try.
You'll soon be a veteran of what I can "Lib Warz".  I'm a vet myself.
Everytime I get something new and kool I install it and pray
that I don't have to install a new lib.  Because generally
when you put in a new lib, it tries to kill the old one, so
on and so forth, untill one day some bimbo who made the RPMs you
now install built it with really really old deps....  Get ready
to scream, cry and swear that if RPMs weren't so damned easy
you'd kill the guy who invented 'em.

Good luck.