Re: E themes

> From: Darren King <breakpt@nas.net>

> I am having trouble with E themes.  Even today after I upgraded to
> 0.15.4, They don't work.  I put my themes in ~/.enlightenment and I also
>
> have some in /usr/local/... (I don't remember the path).  It lists the
> ones under /usr/local... but they don't work.  They basically all put a
> border around all of my apps and do nothing else.   Why don't the ones in my
> home dir show up?

Raster made some changes to the Theme reading code around the time of the 0.15.0
release that he called "sanity checks".  However, it appears to be deciding that
themes that actually work well aren't up to scratch, and isn't supporting them.
If your themes are old, this could be it - try going to http://e.themes.org and
getting more recent versions.

Second, you may have some saved settings that are causing some confusion.  Try
removing all your preparse and autosave files in ~/.enlightenment (rm ...e*
.usr* .home*, etc) and restarting.  This is usually the cause of the problems
I've seen like this.  The grey rectangle borders are the in-build backup theme
in the binary, and suggests it can't load *any* theme, or that if it has, some
other settings has disabled it.

One way to try to force Enlightenment to use a theme if it doesn't like it is to
change the /usr/local/enlightenment/themes/DEFAULT (or wherever) symbolic link
to point to the directory under which you opened the etheme.  This is its last
fallback, so if the theme you've selected fails to pass the high standard it
sets, it will you this one no matter what.  Beware that this may just cause
Enlightenment more pain, though.

I hope some of this helps,

-------My opinion - Not sane, intelligent or necessarily useful-------
o o                                      mailto:Moredhel@earthling.net
/v\ark R. Bowyer.  http://i.am/Moredhel  mailto:Mark.Bowyer@UK.Sun.COM
`-'  "That weenie's avoiding me!" - Scott McNealy about i.am/BillZebub