CVS gnome broken? why? :-)

Hi,
I'm using (no actually not) the CVS gnome/gtk/glib/ORBit from today
(around 6 hours ago I'd say) and suddenly everthing stopped working:
gmc, panel, gnomecc and basically every interesting programm stopped
doing anything (besides starting and blocking without any window
popping up). this didn't help my highly productive desktop
environment, as you can easily see... :-)

I this supposed to happen at the moment using e.g. 1.3 CVS gtk (which
spits out warnings about it's alpha status)? Or is it ORBits fault
(am I again supposed to use the FOR_PANEL flag)??
Or is the session manager completely wrecked? ANY HELP?

I can post any kind of strace output if you like....

	jtl