gnome-name-server freezes

With CVS starting on 3/19 or so, the gnome-name-server freezes up right
after it starts, so nothing else can run either.  If I kill the name
server, it immediately restarts, and occasionally will allow the next
process (gmc) to begin, but then the name-server freezes again.  So, for
example, I can occasionally get gmc to throw some icons on the desktop,
but they are immediately unusable and won't even repaint.

Sometimes the name server will start and then exit with the error "input
condition was 16; exiting" and then restart and freeze.

I saw that Miguel made some changes to gnome-name-server.c on 3/19, but
rolling those back didn't fix anything.

Anyone have any ideas?

Let me know waht additional info I can provide.

Jay Love