Button-Label problem

Hello you!

I have a SuSE 6.0 system with the latest gnome stuff. Lately I upgraded my
compiler to egcs 1.1.2. Then I recompiled X with the new egcs. When I
started X with GNOME again, it would come up but there were no labels on
anything where you can usually click on. For example I can see the symbol
of a program in the panel menu, but not the label for it. Same thing
happened with menubars, buttons and the gnome pager. The strange thing is,
that applications which are (this is what I suspect) not as thight
integerated into Gnome work ok, like gftp which just works as usual. I
allready tried to solve this by recompiling gnome-libs, gnome-core,
ImageMagick, libpng, Imlib, enlightenment, and ORBit. Nothing helped. Is
the order of compiling important? Or what? How can I solve this stupid
problem? Any idea?

Thanks for your help,

Seabstian Weber