[OFFTOPIC] StarOffice and Glibc 2.1 (was: Updated gnome-* RPMs)

Ronald de Man wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 19, 1999 at 07:49:24PM -0800, Michal Palczewski wrote:
> > StarOffice is linked against the internal symbols of glibc 2.0.  They were
> > warned not to do that but did so any way.  Now star office doesn't work
> > with glibc 2.1.  It doesn't have to do with bleading edge or anything.
> > It's just the makers of staroffice acting like dumbasses.
> >
> > Mike
> >

> Is it not possible to copy glibc-2.0x to a separate directory,
> install glibc-2.1, and use LD_LIBRARY_PATH to get StarOffice working?

Ok, I just did an ldd against StarOffice and it shows that it is not a
dynamic executable. When I run the program i get the simple message:
Aborted. I may be misunderstanding something, but if StorOffice is not
dynamically linked to glibc, how does going from 2.0 to 2.1 break
staroffice.
--
Marc G. Glade					AIM: MarcGlade
marcg@unforgettable.com				 ICQ: 14831115