gnome-http

Okay, so I've been looking at the gnome-http stuff and it's really cool.
unfortunately there are a few problems I have with it.

1) whyfor is configure broken?  GNOME_INIT doesn't need to be there.
macros doesn't need to be there.  we don't use any of that stuff anywhere so
why do we require it?  it's kinda useless.

2) building the examples included is a PITA.  no "make test" to do that.
and the documentation didn't help either.

--