Re: Problems compiling gnome-libs

  As far as I know, it would be pretty hard to do a complete install on a
system where you don't have root. In addition to specifiying an install
prefix for every configure script for all libraries, you would have to add
the dir where the libraries are in to /etc/ld.so.conf...correct me if I'm
wrong, but don't you have to be root to do this?