Re: gnome-core-1.0.3 wont build

"Fox, Kevin M" wrote:

> Do you have them all rebuilt? I (as well as others) would love to get a copy
> of them. :)

[snip]

I have most of them rebuilt, but some of them had no spec files at
all, and trying to crib together what might have been the correct
one out of the history from CVS (which has of course moved on in the
interim) is difficult, if there is a spec in CVS at all (I haven't
looked for most of the packages without .spec files in the tarballs).

I sort of got gdm working but there seems to be some confusion about
where some of the files are put vs. where the code expects to find
them.

Some of them I couldn't build (like gnome-objc) because I don't have
the objc stuff installed, and will have to see how big a cascade
effect it causes to try to put that on.  gnome-utils (I think) is
dependent on that one, so it isn't built either.

As far as giving them to other people, I have a couple of problems:
  1 - They are rather large and I have nowhere to make them available
      from.
  2 - I am not entirely sure that they are correct, because I am now
      getting some odd behaviour, like selecting ANYTHING from a menu
      in gnome-terminal causes all instances of gnome-terminal to die
      and I haven't had time to investigate it yet.  As I said, I
      have had to tweak a number of the .spec files, as well as some
      of the Makefile.xx files, and it is not that unlikely that
      something is not getting installed, or is in the wrong place.

I have no problem with making them available if
  a. people want them,
  b. I am convinced they are reasonably solid, and
  c. someone can find a place to put them.

=============\ http://members.home.net/dean-elhard /=================
Dean Elhard   \_____ dean_elhard@viasoft.com  ____/ I'm a telepath...
 (NOT speaking for) \  dean-elhard@home.com  /     Work It out...
   Viasoft Inc.      \______________________/    Bester - Babylon 5