Re: The windowmanager startup issue

Hi,

 Jan> For the SuSE rpms we have been using a setup, which if you start
 Jan> up gnome for the first time, scans the available windowmanagers
 Jan> and prompts the user to choose one. I would suggest to integrate
 Jan> something of that kind formerly into gnome, using a small gnome
 Jan> programm (right now we are using tcl).

I think the wm-properties-capplet interface would suffice for that. We
just need to modify the call to wm-p-c in the default.session, and
perhaps wm-p-c itself a bit, so that it starts in "No WM running"
state, and you can choose your favourite from a list of detected ones.

        Robbe

--
Robert Bihlmeyer	reads: Deutsch, English, MIME, Latin-1, NO SPAM!
<robbe@orcus.priv.at>	<http://stud2.tuwien.ac.at/~e9426626/sig.html>