Re: Applications routinely crash X... how is this possible?

Hi,

 Havoc> In general it is an X bug if X crashes, [...]

There is one special case that is not always considered: If you start
Gnome the recommended way (gnome-session last in your X session
script), and gnome-session crashes for some reason, wave goodbye to
your X session. This may look like an X crash to some (I don't know
about the case at hand).

Unfortunately, gnome-session is increasingly brittle for me these
days.

        Robbe

--
Robert Bihlmeyer	reads: Deutsch, English, MIME, Latin-1, NO SPAM!
<robbe@orcus.priv.at>	<http://stud2.tuwien.ac.at/~e9426626/sig.html>