User q's: keys for menu?

I apologize if these are in the faq, but I couldn't find the answer
anywhere:

1) Is there a keystroke to pull up (or down) the "foot" menu in the
panel? Can one be defined?

ALternatively (I know this isn't the E mailing list, but...):

2) What file must I alter to have E pull down the root menu with a key
stroke? I tried changing keybindings.cfg, in some such way as

[key definition, event etc.]
__ACTION __A_SHOW_MENU [name of menu from menus.cfg]

no luck so far. Thank you,

--
Pierluigi Miraglia pierlu AT iname.com pmiragli AT kent.edu

The soul has a self-increasing logos (Herakl.)