Re: gtk Paned, altered...

On Tue, 16 Mar 1999 Suboner@aol.com wrote:
>   I've changed GtkHPaned, widget code, renamed it splitter, and it looks and
> works more like the windows MFC splitter. In a paned window instead of
> grabbing a small handle to adjust the views, the entire gutter is the handle
> and can be clicked any where on the gutter, and it doesn't draw any boxes (for

Great! This is a FRF (frequently requested feature). :-)

>   I plan on having it be more configurable, like single, double, triple, and
> quad configurations for up to 4 widgets in any order, and the configurations
> be dynamic, so that a programmer could allow his programs interface be more
> configurable to the user, and allow the user to change view orientations at
> will.

You can get triple/quad by simply nesting GtkPaned, I think. That's
probably a nicer way to do it since it scales up beyond quad.

If you're going to have > 2 panes I'd say allow an arbitrary number of
panes. 4 is sort of a random limit. .02, FWIW.

Havoc