Re: KDE / GNOME - Working Together ?

One thing i miss from KDE is the ability to open a file from a ftp or http
site from ANY KDE-compliant application. It would be very neat to get that
in Gnome. I don't think GMC should be as separate from the rest of gnome
as it currently is. When opening a file, i'd like to have a list that
looks like gmc, so i can right-click, "open with another app" etc.

Is this even gnome-specific or should i rather post this to a GTK
mailing/wish list?

> Choice is what we are all after, yes ?

How about writing an API that can be configured to use either KDE/QT or
GNOME/GTK, then the user has such a choice. (Just a small idea, no need to
flame me if it sounds stupid or too difficult)

Regards

--
Sarel Botha