buglet on mc 4.5.26?

When opening up a directory that has a large amount of directories in it
and of which all are NFS mounted, the panel gets real busy and gives the
clock pointer.  During that time, I cannot do any interaction with the
desktop.  So I can't click on the home directory icon or anything like
that.    It's just dog slow.

So it looks like clicking on a desktop icon should start a new thread in
my opinion.  This could get painful though if you are heavily using the
desktop.

One feature that would be nice is the ability to search in a large
directory.  For instance, I have a directory with lots of names on it, I
want to go to a specific directory that starts with s.  Instead of
scrolling down looking for it, I would like to type a letter and have it
jump automatically ot the first directory that starts with that letter.

Which leads me to something else.  Once you click on the Location menu
bar, you can't seem to unclick, and now no matter what you type on the
panel it appears on the Location menu bar.  (of course you can't do
anything anyways, but it might be an issue later)

	sri

Sri Ramkrishna         /|\ Unix is very user friendly, its just very picky
email: sri@aracnet.com -|- on who it is friendly to. -- Unknown?
phone: 503-356-1078    \|/