Re: more GMC ideas
- From: Havoc Pennington <rhp zirx pair com>
- To: "R. Steven Rainwater" <srainwater ncc com>
- cc: "gnome-list gnome org" <gnome-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: more GMC ideas
- Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 20:10:43 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 15 Mar 1999, R. Steven Rainwater wrote:
> Hmmmm... I keep seeing lots of gnome-related messages saying
> use the middle button for this or that. What are we supposed to
> do on a normal two button mouse (which is what I assume 90% of
> us have!). Are there some sort of keyboard-equivalents to get
> "middle-button" actions on a two-button (or one-button) mouse?
Buy a $15 three-button mouse. :-) You need it to cut-and-paste in plain X
anyway. X pretty much assumes 3 buttons.
If you're a real cheapskate, XF86Config will let you set things so that
pressing two buttons simultaneously is equivalent to the third button.
] [Thread Prev