Re: more GMC ideas

> Use the "handle" on the bottom and hide the tree.  This setting will
> be saved.

Okay, cool..thats a lot better. :)

> > Also an option to exec a new panel on a directory when I
> > double-click on a directory.
>
> Use middle-mouse-button to achieve this (same as netscape)

Hmm.  This didn't work for me.  Also, is this configurable somewhere?  I
rather have the default action to be on the first button.

Of course now, I have a bug report for you. :-)

Double-clicking using the middle button in icon mode doesn't work.
However, if you use any of the other views (custom, and brief anyways) it
seems to work.

Also when it does work in the other views, it forks two panels for the
same area.  I first thought it was because I only had to press it once,
but it never worked if I just clicked on it.  Additionally, when the
panels pop up, it shows them in icon view mode.  View modes should be
consistent.  If you are in brief mode and you middle click on a folder,
the resulting panel should give you the same view.  Looks like the default
value at start time is being used here instead of finding out what the
current view mode of the parent panel is.

Also if you do too many clicks, the panels try to grab too much resouces
at the same time and then just crashes.  (ie the behavior is that all the
panels are frozen and it slowly tries to load all the pixmaps in)

Lets see, thats about it for now.  I hope this helps.

	sri

Sri Ramkrishna         /|\ Unix is very user friendly, its just very picky
email: sri@aracnet.com -|- on who it is friendly to. -- Unknown?
phone: 503-356-1078    \|/