Gnome-terminal...

Hi all,

There are few thing that I noticed with Gnome terminal. First is when changing
the background, there is no preview. As most of you know, Eterm pictures have
interesting names like 022.png, which of course everyone knows what it looks
like.:)

Next, where does Gnome-terminal get its prompt? I mean it always display
"bash-2.02$" I was wondering since when I start Eterm or others, they tend to
have what is in my .bash_profile.

And lastly, how do I enable listing of file by type in color? I tried all
consoles - linux, color-xterm, and rxvt. They only change intensity of
forground.

        Thanks,
        David