Request for additional cut & paste standard keys

Hello,

I come from a dos world, with much os/2 and some windows thrown in. I have
grown to take the following keyboard shortcuts for granted, thus I would
of course love to see them implemented in Gnome apps:

ctrl + insert : copy
shift + insert : paste
ctrl + del : cut

Much easier to memorize than those ctrl + letter combinations, and easier
to reach, too, I think. These shortcuts date back to my pascal 5.0 on dos
- times in high school... There was some standard that defined them, just
don't ask me what it's called. Windows supports these, too, as did OS/2. I
dunno about KDE, but I seem to remember using them in KLyX.

Just a suggestion : )

---
"Why do we always come here?" - "I guess we'll never know."
"It's like a kind of torture to have to watch this show."