Re: mc double-click action doesn't work on VFAT

The VFAT problem is probably due to the fact that FAT partitions have no
concept of permission bits, so every file has the same permissions.  This
includes having every file executable.  To fix this, edit /etc/fstab and
add noexec to the options for your vfat partition (this probably means
changing the word defaults to defaults,noexec for that partition's entry).
Then to get the permissions correct for the current session, run
  mount -o remount,noexec /mount/point/of/vfat/drive

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/