Re: mc 4.5.21 and Solaris 2.6 (and Linux too!) screen not repainting

>From: Glenn Kronschnabl <grk@arlut.utexas.edu>

>Update - I also see this *exact* behaviour on my linux box at home.
>Here is how I can reproduce it:
>
>1) start gmc
>2) select 'icon' display
>3) stretch the window to make taller
>4) click in the scrollbar area to make it go down a screen at a time
>5) you should now observe (assuming you have a bunch of files) that near
>the bottom half of the screen icons don't repaint!
>
>note that if you grab the scrollbar and slide this problem doesn't show
>up.
>
>Now - does anyone else see this behaviour?

Yup, *Now* I see it =O)  latest mc, Gnome 1.0.1, GTK 1.2, Solaris 8_alpha.

Not only do I not see the text below that bottom row of icons, but a lot of
icons below that don't show up at all.  If I slide the scrollbar up and then
down again to bring that area back into view, *then* they're all drawn properly
again.

I'd say that the window resize isn't correctly informing the pane how big it now
is, so the "jump" when you click the scrollbar isn't being calculated right?  or
maybe the bug's completely in that maths to see how many icons to draw?

Well spotted!  =O)

-------My opinion - Not sane, intelligent or necessarily useful-------
o o                                      mailto:Moredhel@earthling.net
/v\ark R. Bowyer.  http://i.am/Moredhel  mailto:Mark.Bowyer@UK.Sun.COM
`-'                                             I'm the dots in .co.uk