Re: esd == bad_sound

On Thu Mar 11, 1999 at 08:39:44PM -0500, Jesse D . Sightler wrote:
> Have you tried Kernel 2.2.1?
>
> On Thu, 11 Mar 1999 16:13:19 Eric Wood wrote:
> > I start esd and it sounds of a loud and endless screeching noises -
> > sounds horrible.  I have to kill the esd process to get it to quit
> > blasting my speakers.  My ESS sound card works with everything else
> > except esd.  Any ideas?  thanks,
> > -eric woo

This seems to be related to the type of sound card you have. I have two PCs
with RedHat 5.2 running the same 2.0.36 kernel and the same GNOME and ESD
RPMS. The desktop with a real SoundBlaster AWE64 works fine with ESD but my
portable with an on board Crystal sound card makes horible clicking noises
as soon as ESD is loaded. It does play sounds but the clicking is always
there.

Pat

 Patrick Colbeck 	  email: pat.colbeck@esc.azlan.co.uk
 Senior Analyst            tel:  you dont seriously expect me to
 Azlan Ltd                       give that out on the internet do you ?