Re: esd sound problems

Thanks for the reply and keep the suggestions coming! :-)

I tried various incantations of the esd options but still no luck.
Gnome/E still can't connect to the sound server.  grrrr..
(But there are still a few new iteration ideas that it's given me.)

BTW, for all of this configuration stuff on my home machine, I stay
logged in and run everything as root and don't switch to a normal user,
so that's not an issue.

Thanks again,

mike!